Work Package 6 Regulatory, legal issues & business models for RES
WP6 Leader: Romanian Energy Center
What is WP6 about?
1st priority: To study the regulatory, governance and legal issues for the transition up to 100% RES
2nd priority: To investigate on potential the business models of energy systems for the transition up to 100% RES
What are the goals of the WP6?
- To finalize a set of harmonized network codes and promote their adoption internationally
- To propose a set of key regulatory principles (“options”) for the future electricity transmission networks
- To develop a policy roadmap in order to implement the “options” by 2050
- To investigate the sustainability of business models for RES
How will these goals be reached?
The work will be closely coordinated with the effort of ENTSO-E, in permanent communication with selected TSOs members, and presented on an on-going basis to relevant stakeholder groups.
- two stakeholder consultations workshops are foreseen (one in Bucharest – regional level, and one in Brussels – European participation) in order to get stakeholders involvement and support in network codes harmonization
RESERVE analyses the environmental, economic and societal (CSR – Corporate Social Responsibility) aspects of different potential energy system designs.
- several design alternatives are evaluated using methodological tools such as the life cycle assessment and the baseline approach
How is the work done in WP6 related with the others?