Future power network course at RWTH Aachen!
Challenges and solutions in Future Power Networks
Format: Training Course
When: 11-15 March 2019
Location: RWTH Aachen University, Aachen
The topics covered during the RESERVE/SOGNO course at RWTH University will address the main challenges when it comes to building future power networks with a high share of renewable energy sources and will present the solutions developed within the European projects RESERVE - Renewables in a Stable Electric Grid- and SOGNO-Cost-Effective Automation Services to Enable Smart Distribution Grids-. These challenges include issues such as frequency and voltage control, power system monitoring, cyber security and ICT aspects as well as the need for a set of new network codes and ancillary services. The 5-day course will be divided into two parts: during the first two days it will focus on the challenges of the future power network that have to be faced by the industry and ICT professionals, while in the last three days the related technical insight will be analysed more in detail, giving especially the doctoral students the possibility to deepen their knowledge by participating in workshops for all the linked topics.
Course Programme: >>>
Information about the speakers: >>>
Part I: Day 1-2 Energy systems professionals, power system engineers and business professionals
Part II: Day 1-5: PHD candidates in the field of power engineering, automation, control for energy system, ICT for energy systems
The course is free of charge!
REGISTER here >>>
Why should you join?
- Keep up with trends: Get an insight on the most innovative energy and ICT solutions developed to enable up to 100% RES integration in the energy system and on the cyber security challenges involved.
- Get ground-breaking ideas: Become innovative business ideas that will help you to push your company forward.
- Enhance your network: Network with academic and industry partners from all over the Europe and develop ideas for innovative joint projects and co-
- Strengthen your company: Meet young and motivated talents that can join you and contribute to the success of your company.
- Broaden your knowledge: Get an insight on the most innovative energy and ICT solutions developed to enable 100% RES integration in the energy system and on the cyber security challenges involved.
- Improve your CV: Obtain a certificate which will add an extra value to your CV.
- Meet the experts: Attend keynote presentations from leading ICT and energy sector organisations representatives and recognised academic professors.
- Build your professional network: Take professional development opportunities during the “academia meets industry” evening session, where you can network with the industry representatives about your research and interests.
below you will find some hotels in Aachen. If you need any other addresses have a look at the tourist information Aachen, hrs or booking.com/Aachen-hotels.
Gästehaus (48 €/ Night - breakfirst incl.)"
Hotel Baccara (68 €/ Night - breakfirst incl)"
How to get to the meeting location
From the main station by bus to E.ON ERC
Busses from ‚Hauptbahnhof‘ – ‚Hörn Brücke‘):
- Bus 3A straight to ‚Hörn Brücke‘
- Train RE4 ‚Dortmund‘ - ‚Westbahnhof‘ – change to Bus 3A/73/33
- Train RB20 ‚Geilenkirchen‘ - ‚Westbahnhof‘ – change to Bus 73/3A/33
From the Busstop to the Institute E.ON ERC: